Nowadays, you’d be surprised by just how many different kinds of vibrators for women are out there. Of course, we’ve all heard of the familiar sex toys for women, such as Jack Rabbit Vibrator and G-spot vibrators. However, did you know there are also clitoral stimulators, dual stimulation vibrators, and even wearable vibrators?
Now as a man, there are other options for personal stimulation, but my partner and I take full advantage of her vibrators when we “Play”! We have been using vibrators for several years, and I can confidently say that they have significantly enhanced our sex life. Introducing any vibrator during intimacy will provide intense pleasure and increased satisfaction.
Personally, I’ve noticed that using a vibrator together with my partner has boosted my sexual confidence and helped me better understand my body’s needs. I firmly believe that since we started using vibrators together, it has brought us closer and improved our sex life.
While we haven’t tried them all, we have bought a few of the options listed in this article. Hopefully, this quick guide helps you navigate the many options available in choosing the type of vibrator. My partner and I prefer the Rabbits as they provide dual stimulation for her.
What to Consider When Choosing a Vibrator
If it’s your first time shopping for a vibrator, you will soon discover a vast selection of styles and options from which to choose. Also, vibrators are made from many different materials, such as silicone, stainless steel, and ABS Plastic. Although many entry-level sex toys are made from plastic, it is the least common material for durability, cleanup and also has the lowest price point. So, when choosing which to buy, the more you know what to look for, the better.
Are you looking for something hands free? It’s important to consider your personal preferences, pleasure points, and how you plan to use one. While no vibrator can replace actual human touch, here is a list of the different types and features. We hope this helps you narrow down your choice.
Therefore, once you decide what you’re looking for, it would also be helpful to read customer reviews. You’ll make a better choice when you do some research on the many brands and products before making a purchase.
Lastly, when choosing any Sex Toy, it’s important to prioritize your comfort, safety, and pleasure above all else when making a choice.
Different Types of Vibrators for Women
There are several different types of vibrators for women that will help enhance pleasure and boost arousal. But first, let’s look at some of the most popular vibrator types.
This type of vibrator is a popular sex toy for women and one of the most well-known types. The Rabbit Vibrator features two separate motors simultaneously, allowing for internal and external stimulation. Popular brands include We-Vibe, Womanizer, and Lelo. Check out our article Using a Rabbit Vibrator – The Ultimate Sex Toy.
This vibrator is specifically designed to target the G-spot (located on the upper wall of your vagina), providing intense pleasure when used correctly. Brands like Fun Factory, OhMiBod, and Blush Novelties have some great G-spot vibrators available.
These vibrators provide direct stimulation to your clitoris. Available in a variety of shapes and sizes, this vibrator type can provide both internal and external stimulation. In addition, most offer various levels of intensity as well as pulsating patterns for an extra special experience! Also, clitoral stimulation is included on Rabbit Vibrators that we mention above.
Dual Stimulation Vibrator
This type of sex toy for women combines clitoral and g-spot stimulation in one device so you can enjoy double the pleasure! Popular brands include Svakom and Lovense, which have some great options available.
Often called the Panty Vibrator, this sex toy for women is designed to fit comfortably around your waist, allowing you to wear it anytime or during fun activities such as dancing or, of course, having sex! While these wearables are small by design, their power is not. If you’ve never tried one, you might be surprised at how good of an enhancing experience it is.
Benefits of Using a Vibrator
In stating the obvious, one benefit of using vibrators is that they will enhance pleasure and boost arousal in women. When used together as a couple, this leads to increased sexual satisfaction. Sex with my partner has improved tremendously since we started playing with toys.
Also, using a vibrator with your partner can boost sexual confidence and help you learn your partner’s body better by discovering each other’s most sensitive erogenous zones. Vibrators, or any sex toy, will bring you and your partner closer and improve your sex life. Comfort and safety are important, so if you’re unsure, start small with something basic and work your way up.
Drawback of Using a Vibrator
Yes, there are drawbacks to using vibrators. The most common one is that they may desensitize the clitoris, which can lead to a decrease in sensitivity. This will affect all levels of enjoyment during sexual or solo stimulation.
The overreliance on vibrators may make you dependent on them for a climax. Think of it as sexual tolerance meaning you need more of it for longer to achieve the same result. Eventually, you might find that you are unable to satisfy yourself at the same levels you once could.
Features Found in Women’s Vibrators
When choosing a vibrator for yourself or someone else, it’s important to consider all the features offered by each model before making a purchase.
Vibrator Features Include:
- Size – Women’s vibrators come in a variety of sizes, from pocket-sized bullet vibrators to larger wand-style models like the Magic Wand Vibrator. Smaller vibrators are perfect for discreet use and can easily be slipped into a purse or pocket, while larger models offer more power and intensity.
- Shape – Different shapes of women’s vibrators are available to suit different needs and preferences. Each has unique benefits, such as offering dual or direct clitoral stimulation, more powerful motors, and different intensity levels.
- Textures – Different textures are also available in women’s vibrators, from smooth and sleek designs to ribbed or bumpy varieties. Ribbed vibrators are great for additional stimulation, while bumpy models provide a more intense feeling. Some also have textured surfaces that help you find and massage your G-spot.
- Vibration settings – While the variety of vibrator options is pretty extensive. You will also find the variety of intensities, vibration patterns, and vibration modes just as extensive across all design types, such as G-spot, clitoral, dual stimulation, and wearables.
Battery Life and Noise:
- Battery life – For battery operated models, the life of the batteries can vary depending on the type, size, and features available. Smaller models often have a shorter battery duration than larger models. Although, both usually offer a decent amount of run time. In addition, some vibrators are USB rechargeable and can be plugged into any USB port for easy and convenient charging. In contrast, others use disposable batteries, which need to be replaced. There are also vibrators with long-lasting battery life and multiple power settings, so battery life will depend on which settings are used. Different intensities will drain the battery at different rates.
- Noise level – With the wide variety of vibrators available, how can you know how loud each type is when using? There may be times when noise doesn’t matter, but there will be times when you want to be discreet and more private. While it’s no substitute for actually having a specific vibrator in hand, some manufacturers offer a noise level rating; plus, you may even find some review videos where you can actually hear what the noise level is for a particular vibrator. Also, those that support different patterns and intensity levels will have different noise levels based on the settings.
Many brands also offer additional features, such as remote-control capabilities or app integration, which can add even more to the fun!
The selection of women’s vibrators can seem overwhelming at first glance, but hopefully, this quick guide helped you navigate through all the features and options to look for when buying a vibrator. Or consider purchasing the Magic Wand vibrator. While not for penetration, this all-around vibrator seems to be a top-rated product, according to many user reviews.
Remember, when looking for those “Good Vibrations,” consider each model’s features before purchasing to find something that fits perfectly into whatever kind of stimulation you’re looking for.
Also, please don’t leave it up to your partner to take the initiative and buy one for herself. For example, I travel for my “Real Job” and am sometimes gone for a week or more. So I took a chance and bought her one of the Rabbit Vibrators for those times I’m away. She was a bit shocked at first, but we had a good laugh once the OMG moment passed.
Once you break through the stigma, most couples want to introduce sex toys into their relationships. So, once we did, we eventually bought a few more that we played with together.
If you’re looking for more information on Sex Toys in general, you might like this article, “Different Types of Sex Toys and How They Work.“
Frequently asked questions
What types of vibrators are best for women?
There are many types of vibrators, and what works best for one woman may not work for another. However, some popular types of vibrators for women include bullet vibrators, wand massagers, rabbit vibrators, and G-spot vibrators. Bullet vibrators are small and discreet, while wand massagers are powerful and designed for external stimulation. Rabbit vibrators have a clitoral stimulator and internal shaft, while G-spot vibrators are curved to reach the G-spot.
Can using a vibrator desensitize me to other forms of stimulation?
Using a vibrator regularly is unlikely to permanently desensitize you to other forms of stimulation, such as manual or oral stimulation. However, some women may experience temporary desensitization or difficulty reaching orgasm if they rely heavily on a vibrator. To avoid this, it can be helpful to vary the types of stimulation you use, and to take breaks from using a vibrator from time to time.
Are vibrators safe to use?
Yes, vibrators are generally safe to use. However, it’s important to choose a vibrator made from body-safe materials, such as medical-grade silicone, and to clean it thoroughly before and after use. It’s also important to start with a lower intensity setting and gradually work up to higher intensities to avoid overstimulation or discomfort. If you have any concerns or questions about using a vibrator, it’s always a good idea to talk to your healthcare provider.